6301 Kirkwood Blvd SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
What is Delta?
Prairie Delta is a program of Prairie High School and currently located on the Kirkwood Community College campus. The program serves students in grades 10-12 in the College Community School District who seek a smaller learning environment.
What makes Prairie Delta unique?
- Because we are affiliated with the high school, students receive all the benefits of being a Prairie student. They are encouraged to attend Prairie activities and join Prairie extra-curricular clubs and organizations.
- Students earn the same Prairie High School diploma as their peers after earning twenty-four credits, passing aptitude tests, and conducting a senior presentation.
- The program serves approximately fifty students resulting in small class sizes and few transitions.
- Students receive the same guaranteed, viable curriculum as they would at the high school and are assessed using the same standards.
- Some course offerings can be completed using an online platform, allowing students to control the pace of their learning.
- Project-based learning and competency-based education are offered to our students throughout the school day.
- Teachers serve as advisors; carefully devising educational plans and helping students monitor their academic progress and growth.
- Students’ social and emotional growth is encouraged through the implementation of Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports.
- Student leaders plan culture-building events for their peers to create a positive school environment.