6301 Kirkwood Blvd SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
What is Delta?
Prairie Delta is an extension of Prairie High School located on the Kirkwood Community College campus. The program serves students in grades 9-12 in the College Community School District who seek a smaller learning environment.
What makes Prairie Delta unique?
- Because we are affiliated with the high school, students receive all the benefits of being a Prairie student. They are encouraged to attend Prairie activities and join Prairie extra-curricular clubs and organizations.
- Students earn the same Prairie High School diploma as their peers after earning twenty-four credits, passing aptitude tests, and conducting a senior presentation.
- The program serves approximately fifty students resulting in small class sizes and few transitions.
- Students receive the same guaranteed, viable curriculum as they would at the high school and are assessed using the same standards.
- Some course offerings can be completed using an online platform, allowing students to control the pace of their learning.
- Project-based learning and competency-based education are offered to our students throughout the school day.
- Teachers serve as advisors; carefully devising educational plans and helping students monitor their academic progress and growth.
- Students’ social and emotional growth is encouraged through the implementation of Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports.
- Student leaders plan culture-building events for their peers to create a positive school environment.